Saint Elizabeth Parish
Spring-a-Rama - May 22-27, 2017
It’s almost time! Our annual parish festival, held during the last week of May, brings together parishioners, neighbors and friends in a show of support for an event that is now almost 40 years old. That’s a significant part of the 75 years of Saint Elizabeth Parish history.
Over the course of those years Spring-a-Rama has known much success and a variety of weather experiences. Yes, we’ve had our share of rain and cold. But do you remember last year? Spring-a-Rama 2016 is on record as having 6 nights of perfect weather - not a raindrop in sight! And we were just dollars shy of a $100,000 profit. WOW! Thanks be to God and thanks to all of you. Here’s hoping and praying that 2017 will prove to be as successful.
While plans are well underway so that all is in readiness for May 22 ND, your ongoing support is, of course, needed. There are multiple ways in which you can help:
- clean out your attic, garage and basement of those unwanted and no longer needed household items as a donation to the White Elephant rooms in Saint Pius X Hall.
- plan on baking some of your favorite sweets for the nightly Bake Sale Booth - cakes, pies, cookies, etc.
- show your willingness to work in a booth on one, two or more nights during the week.
- create a basket as a donation to the Theme Basket booth ... or purchase the items and the basket will be assembled.
- offer a few hours of your time to put icing on those famous Saint E’s homemade donuts.
- sell and/or purchase the Big Money Raffle tickets.
- donate bottles of beer, wine or alcohol for the Basket of Cheer raffle.
- lend a hand on set-up night - Wednesday, May 17TH at 6:00 pm (rain date: Thursday, May 18TH) and tear-down on the closing night - Saturday, May 27TH. This is an enormous help to our maintenance team of Glenn Breier and Larry Parker.
- pray without ceasing for the good weather that makes all the difference during the 6 nights of Spring-a-Rama.
For additional information or to offer your help, please call Chris and Patty DiCarlo at 412-233-4518. Donations for the Basket of Cheer and Theme Baskets may be delivered to the rectory.